Passport Acceptance Agent – What are an Acceptance Agent?

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

When it comes to traveling to any international destination you will need to have a valid United States passport at the time of travel. If your passport is expired, you will need to fill out the DS-82 Application Form for Passport Renewals. Then, take the application to your nearest acceptance agent for the agent to witness your signature on your passport application.

The Passport Acceptance Agent is an official government agent who will witness the signature of your passport application.

Passport Guru Tips: Always call to make an appointment beforehand. You may need to have confirmed travel plans within 5 days in order to get an appointment.

Once you sign your signature for your passport documents, the documents now go in an envelope. You can not to open the envelope until you are at one of the regional passport agencies or submitting to your nearest passport offices.

Why is an Acceptance Agent Needed?

An acceptance agent is important to the passport application process because it helps the State Department review each application before a U.S. Passport gets approval.

Where to find an Acceptance Agent?

Acceptance Agents are throughout the United States of America. They are usually in post offices, courthouses, and other state department buildings. U.S. Passport Help Guide has developed an entire catalog of all passport offices around the United States. You can find our database with all passport offices here.

What is Needed when going to an Acceptance Agent?

It is very important when going to your acceptance agent that you carry the correct documentations needed by the agent. This varies with each passport application as each passport application would have different requirements.

But some basic requirements are as follows:
Filled out Passport Applications without any signature,
proof of identity and proof of U.S. citizenship.

If you need an emergency passport you will have to first visit your nearest acceptant agent and have the agent-witness your signature then go to your nearest regional passport agency who will be able to process your passport same day onsite.

If you cannot visit your nearest passport agency you could hire the help of a private passport expediting company. U.S. Passport Help Guide recommends Fastport Passport as they are reliable and would be able to get your passport on time for your trip.