Chad is a country in northwest Africa that welcomes a lot of business travelers from the United States. While a business Chad visa is easily obtained, there are a few documents that must be submitted to receive the essential permission to enter and visit the nation. Citizens of the United States must have a valid passport that is at least six months from expiration.
At least two blank pages in the passport must be available for the visa and entry stamp, and Chad does not recognize back amendment pages for business visas.
Documentation to Obtain a Chad Visa
- A fully completed original Chad visa application, as well as a duplicate. Completed and signed applications are required. Any information that is not provided will result in the visa being rejected.
- Two passport-sized pictures (2 x 2) These must be in color and have a plain or light background with a front view.
- An invitation letter from a Chad company or sponsor. This is a standard letter that must describe the applicant’s link to the company or sponsor. Additionally, the letter must specify the expected duration of the visit, the location of the applicant’s stay, and the host’s contact information.
- Complete business letter. This paper, which is available online, must be completed and printed on the letterhead of the US company. It must include specific information, including a clear description of the reason for visiting Chad.
- Travel documents must include a clear indication of departure through a return or connecting flight.
- An International Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
Fees for Chad visas vary, and it is important that travelers check for updated information before application, as well as register with the US Embassy upon arrival in Chad.
Information on Chad Embassies and Consulates
|Embassy & Consulate||Address||Phone Number|
|Embassy of Chad in Washington DC||
2002 R Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
More information about Chad
|Currency||Central African CFA franc (XAF)|
|Electricity||Voltage: 220 V
Frequency: 50 Hz
Power sockets: type C / D/E/F
If you choose to visit a regional Passport agency, make sure you are aware of the requirements and schedule an appointment with the national Passport scheduling service by calling 1-877-487-2778. You can do so at any time of day or night. Security is strictly enforced in most Wyoming passport offices. Metal detection devices are used by federal agencies.
If you live in Gillette, Wyoming, for example, you can apply for a passport at the Campbell County District Court or the US Post Office – Gillette. Before visiting, you should call to see if an appointment is required. Check a neighboring town or city if you can’t find an acceptance facility where you live.
When applying for a passport in Wyoming, you have two options: regular passport services, which take 4 to 6 weeks, or expedited passport services, which can take 2 or 3 weeks.