Hong Kong Visa – How Do I Get An Chinese Visa?

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Are you planning a trip to Hong Kong soon? To do this you do not need a visa from Hong Kong. If you are visiting Hong Kong you must submit a valid US passport. At least one month after your intended Hong Kong stay, your US Passport should be valid. Note that many countries may require at least six months validity on your passport when you intend to stay in that country. Therefore, if you intend to travel to neighboring countries, it is recommended that you have a passport that complies with the requirements of those countries.

It is also advised to have proof of sufficient funds while traveling to Hong Kong. The funds should be sufficient so that you do not need to look for work in Hong Kong to supplement your income during your stay. Additionally, you should possess proof of a return ticket to your designated country.

NOTE: When traveling to Hong Kong, you may be required to obtain a transit visa. A transit visa is required if you are traveling to a specific country but will have a layover in a preceding country. It is recommended that you check the status of your flight and see if a transit visa is required.

If you intend to travel to Hong Kong’s bordering countries, you should ensure that your passports are valid for at least six months beyond your departure from Hong Kong to avoid any complications when traveling to countries outside of Hong Kong.

Information on Hong Kong Embassies and Consulates

Embassy & Consulate Address Phone Number
Embassy of Hong Kong
3505 International Place, N.W.
D.C. 20008
United States

More information about Hong Kong

Capital Hong Kong
Currency Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
Language Chinese, English
Electricity Voltage: 220 V
Frequency: 50 Hz
Power sockets: type G
Country Code +852
Time Zone UTC+8

If you choose to visit a regional Passport agency, make sure you are aware of the requirements and schedule an appointment with the national Passport scheduling service by calling 1-877-487-2778. You can do so at any time of day or night. Security is strictly enforced in most Wyoming passport offices. Metal detection devices are used by federal agencies.

If you live in Gillette, Wyoming, for example, you can apply for a passport at the Campbell County District Court or the US Post Office – Gillette. Before visiting, you should call to see if an appointment is required. Check a neighboring town or city if you can’t find an acceptance facility where you live.

When applying for a passport in Wyoming, you have two options: regular passport services, which take 4 to 6 weeks, or expedited passport services, which can take 2 or 3 weeks.

Show All Collapse
Find agency near you

Passport Agencies

What Documents Will I Need?

Passport Forms